Earlier this week, DG Grow organised the Info Day for EDIDP, the European defence industrial development programme. This programme offers co-financing for collaborative defence development projects with a budget of €500 million for 2019-2020. EDIDP serves as the pilot for EDF (European Defence Fund), which will run from 2021-2027.
The calls for 2019, now open, will address 9 categories of defence capabilities:
- Multipurpose unmanned ground system (call EDIDP-MUGS-2019).
- Permanent air or space capabilities for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and communication, tactical remotely piloted air systems (RPAS) and sensor suite for integration into air-traffic management (call EDIDP-ISR-2019).
- Cyber situational awareness and defence capabilities, military networks and technologies for secure communication and information sharing (call EDIDP-CSAMN-2019).
- Positioning, navigation and timing (PNT) and satellite communication capabilities (call EDIDP-PNTSCC-2019).
- European command and control (C2) system from strategic to tactical level (call EDIDP-ESC2S-2019).
- Upgrade of current and development of next-generation ground-based precision strike capabilities (call EDIDP-NGPSC-2019).
- Air combat capabilities (call EDIDP-ACC-2019).
- Future naval platforms and related technologies (call EDIDP-FNPRT-2019).
- Innovative and future-oriented defence solutions (call EDIDP-SME-2019).