The Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) is a very well-known initiative under the COSME programme, which has been running in Europe since 2009. EYE is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries.
At hub.brussels, your contact person EYE is Mr Pierre Herfurth firstname.lastname@example.org .
But how many entrepreneurs are also aware of the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) Global?
This latter is a pilot project financed by the European Commission to facilitate the exchange of European new entrepreneur and experienced host entrepreneurs in the USA, Singapore and Israel with the help of the local contact points, active in the field of business support and entrepreneurship. The pilot is based on the popular Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme,
In Brussels, EYE and EYE Global closely collaborate to open up opportunities to new entrepreneurs, especially towards Singapore and Israel, so read carefully here below!
Who can participate?
– Experienced entrepreneurs who own and manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise based in the USA (states of New York and Pennsylvania), Singapore or Israel
– European New entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have less than 3 years of entrepreneurial experience
The host entrepreneur (HE) can benefit from fresh ideas from a motivated new entrepreneur. New entrepreneurs (NE), on the other hand, benefit from an experience in a small or medium-sized enterprise in a country outside of Europe. This will ease the successful start of their business or strengthen their new enterprise.
The exchange between the two entrepreneurs, which can last between 1-3 months, is a win-win collaboration whereby both of entrepreneurs can also discover new markets or business partners, as well as different ways of doing business.
The European new entrepreneurs selected for an exchange are financially supported by the European Commission and receive:
- For Singapore: 800€ for the flight ticket + 1000€/month;
- For Israel: 600€ for the flight ticket + 1000€/month
Candidates can participate in the programme as a New Entrepreneur if:
- You are firmly planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan;
- You have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurial experience.
Your (future) company or activity can be in any sector and there is no age limit (Note: all participants must be over 18 years old).
However, candidates must also:
- Be an European National and permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries;
- Have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan;
- Be motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced entrepreneur from Israel, US or Singapore; be prepared to contribute to the development of the host entrepreneur’s business and make your skills and competences available;
- Be ready to complement the programme funds as needed to cover the costs of your stay abroad.
This pilot project is coordinated by EUROCHAMBRES and implemented in Singapore and Israel by the Belgian-Italian Chamber of Commerce www.ccitabel.com with the local support of the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Israel.
Currently, more than 20 host entrepreneurs are registered in Singapore and Israel and more than ten exchanges have been supported or are ongoing.
For any information about the programme and how to register as new entrepreneur please contact:
Mr Marco Iacuitto c/o CCITABEL
Tel: 0032 (0) 2 205 17 91