On 20 June 2019 the 5th edition of the E2TECH4CITIES brokerage event was organized as one of the official Energy Days events of the European Sustainable Energy Week. The event took place together with the Brussels Exporters Day 2019 which gave the opportunity for having more than 350 meetings between companies, potential exporters and economic & trade commissioners.
Participants from 12 countries entered into B2B meetings and for a selected number of participants there was the opportunity to promote their innovative project idea in a pitch session to a panel of investors. These companies came from 5 European countries and presented a variety of ideas for innovative energy efficient technologies, products and solutions:
- a software-based solution, that uses artificial intelligence to learn and predict how buildings will behave in the future, that automatically steers energy systems to anticipate these predictions
- innovative stand system for the event industry based on reusable structures made out of recycled aluminum
- A unified system of standardized bottles and containers, collection points and washing machines
- an air pollution monitoring solution utilizing low-cost wearable devices as mobile agents
- a photosynthetic building cladding system which uses solar energy to remove CO2 and pollutants from the atmosphere and produce a valuable food resource in the form of algae
- a technology for modular thin-film PV structures
- a system for energy generating smart blinds
During the lunch break the NCP Brussels Network presented an overview of several upcoming Horizon 2020 calls covering topics in the following sectors: energy, transport, environment, health, food and bio-economy, climate & environment, societies and security.
The access to finance and collaboration opportunities for enterprises can be further supported by the services offered through the Enterprise Europe Network. More information on the Enterprise Europe Brussels network.