Through the SpaceUp project, which is coordinated by Aviaspace Bremen e.V., the European Union supports space-related start-up companies in their acceleration phase. This is mainly done by providing direct access to a wealth of different expertise, before and through six events. Space-related also includes entrepreneurs using satellite data, i.e. from Galileo or Copernicus for other industrial areas, like (maritime) transport, logistics, agriculture, etc..
The second Space Academy is now open for application. It is taking place on 18 & 19 November in Bremen, together with the SpaceTechExpo (19 to 21 Nov.), where you can network with space technologists and enthusiasts. Entry for both events is free, albeit with separate registrations.
All entrepreneurs are welcome to join the Space Academy workshops (Day 1) for coaching in small groups on six selected topics by prominent experts:
- Investment readiness and relationships, how to be trusted by investors and get funded;
- Kinds of crowdfunding (reward-based, equity-based, lending), how to maximize your impact with the right campaign;
- Hot trends: artificial intelligence, robotics and space applications;
- Business models, how to fine tune your business and make it even more effective;
- European funds, how to find the right funding opportunity in the ocean of the European initiatives;
- Space ecosystem, how to connect with international space institutions and corporates, and applying to ESA ITT.
On the programme:
Day 1: An intense workshop day where entrepreneurs can improve their skills and get insights from experts on various topics, with main sessions as well as one-to-one and roundtable meetings.
Day 2: Panel and keynote sessions as well as pitches from 10 selected companies to an audience representing the space sector from all over the world. Strict deadline 15 August 2019.
All suitable applicants can attend both days and benefit from expertise and plenty of opportunities for networking and interaction. 10 more advanced start-ups (selected based on their business plans submitted to competition) will be entitled to receive individual high-level coaching, mentoring and travel support.
More details on the Space Academies, support services and application background are available on the website at www.space-academy.eu (click on ‘learn more’).
If you need further or different information please do not hesitate to contact us under email@example.com
For other Space-related opportunities contact NCP Space Virginia Gómez Oñate