The Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Agency (GSA) launched last 17/07 this contest with the aim of encouraging the development of applications and services based on drones using Galileo positioning, offering high accuracy and increased robustness, in order to stimulate business creation in this new, growing, and innovative market.
The use of Galileo shall be understood in a broad sense, and not limited to the navigation components in the flying platform.
In the context of this contest, 4 prizes will be given for solutions (applications / services) in the following areas, which are based on the EU priorities :
- Drones for European Green Deal
- Drones for European Digital Strategy
- Drones to Protect our European way of life
- Drones for Resilience & the European Recovery
Who can participate?
Participation in the contest is open to teams, ideally from one (1) to seven (7) participants, composed by natural persons or legal entities based in the EU Member States, in Switzerland or in Norway
1st step – Open call for ideas (deadline for submission 31st August 2020)
2nd step – Development phase M1 (15 st September – 30th November 2020)
3rd step – Finals
Willing to learn more?
04/08/20 – Info Webinar at 10:00 CET. Register: https://www.gsa.europa.eu/webinars
17/08/20 – Info Webinar at 10:00 CET. Register : https://www.gsa.europa.eu/webinars.
Each member of the teams participating in the Finals will receive a certificate of reaching the final stage. Additionally, the winner teams of the contest will receive the following Prizes:
- 1st Prize of the GSA Evaluation Board: 100.000€
- 2nd Prize of the GSA Evaluation Board: 60.000€
- 3 rd Prize of the GSA Evaluation Board: 40.000€
- 4 th Prize of the GSA Evaluation Board: 30.000€