Making a first good impression, communicating over the phone, elaborating the right message to a specific audience and handling claims efficiently are all important aspects to consider when doing business with another culture, more specifically with Japanese.
Learn how to do business with Japanese companies during our ½-day workshop!
- Understanding Japanese Culture – Comparison of Japanese and European Culture, Characteristics and Notions Behind Japanese Business Culture
5 major characteristics of Japanese society in comparison with those of European societies of workshop venue; explains notions; and link them with Japanese business culture: hierarchy, group, competitiveness, risk and preparedness, long-term orientation
- Knowing Business Practices in Japan
Major Japanese business practices at different stages of market entry.
1) Selection of a partner and initial contact
2) A series of meetings in Japan and Europe
5) Conclusion of agreement/contract
6) Joint activities
7) Expansion or termination of business dealings
- Negotiation Tips in Light of the Forthcoming EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA)
Negotiation points with Japanese partners in light of changes to be brought by the EPA.
Participants will be presented with case studies, immerse in discussions and real life situations.